Krishi Vigyan Kendra (Farmers Science center), Gondia was established under Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola vide sanction F. No. 2-27/03 – AE.II dated 16th February, 2004. under the affiliation ICAR. The operational area of KVK is for whole Gondia district, the operational area is for 8 tehsils of Gondia district. Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Gondia is working for farming community for the development of sustainable agriculture. The aim of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is to reduce the time lag between the technology transfer from research institutions to the farmers field for increasing production, productivity and income from the agriculture and allied sectors on a sustained basis.
1. Organization of on Farm Testing for refinement of technologies.
2. Organization of front line demonstrations on farmer’s field.
3. To impart training to farmer’s, farm women and rural youth.
4. To improve agricultural technology knowledge of farmers.
5. To build up confidence of farmer’s for adopting new technologies.
6. To improve knowledge and skill of training of extension functionaries.
7. To develop awareness regarding balanced nutrition, childcare and mother care in tribal.
8. To create awareness about collection, processing, storage, utility and marketing of forest products and medicinal plants.
9. To train rural youths and women to generate self-employment.
10. Survey of operational areas to identify the technological gaps and training needs of the tribal community.
11. Compilation of recommendations for the districts to utilize in the training course and the follow op extension programme.