KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA, HIWARA, GONDIA (M.S.)
(Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola )
ICAR has sanctioned KVK at Hiwara Dist. Gondia (M.S.) under Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola vide sanction F. No. 2-27/03 – AE.II dated 16th February, 2004.
1. Organization of on Farm Testing for refinement of technologies.
2. Organization of front line demonstrations on farmer’s field.
3. To impart training to farmer’s, farm women and rural youth.
4. To improve agricultural technology knowledge of farmers.
5. To build up confidence of farmer’s for adopting new technologies.
6. To improve knowledge and skill of training of extension functionaries.
7. To develop awareness regarding balanced nutrition, childcare and mother care in tribal.
8. To create awareness about collection, processing, storage, utility and marketing of forest products and medicinal plants.
9. To train rural youths and women to generate self-employment.
10. Survey of operational areas to identify the technological gaps and training needs of the tribal community.
11. Compilation of recommendations for the districts to utilize in the training course and the follow op extension programme.